DRESS AND GROOMING
The district’s dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, prevents disruption, and minimizes safety
hazards. Students and parents may determine a student’s personal dress and grooming standards, provided that they
comply with the following:
- Students are expected to be clean and neatly groomed while attending school and all school-sponsored functions.
- Clothing will be neat, clean, and appropriately sized.
- Pants, shorts, skorts, dresses and skirts that will not stay up are inappropriate. No sagging!
- A belt is required if pants, shorts, skorts, dresses and skirts will not stay up on their own.
- Pants, shorts, skorts, dresses and skirts must fit at the waist and the inseam.
- Shirts that have a hem that extends below the top of the inseam are inappropriate.
- Sleeves that go past the wrists must be neatly rolled up to the wrist line.
- Shorts, dresses, skorts, and skirts must be no shorter than 5 inches above the top of the knee, including the slit. No cut-offs or body suits will be allowed.
- Spandex, lycra, tights, leggings, jeggings nor yoga style clothing will be allowed, unless worn under pants, shorts, skorts, dresses and skirts that would otherwise be allowed. Shorts must be hemmed.
- Unintentional or intentionally cut, frayed hems, or holes in clothing will not be allowed.
- Appropriate sized coats and jackets may be worn to school, but campus administration may require that the student put in the students locker during the school day.
- Halter tops, tube tops, tank tops, sleeveless tops with large armholes, low cut (front or back) tops or tops revealing the middle section of the body are not permitted. Tops that are in a tank style MUST measure 3 inches across the shoulder
- Pajama bottoms, underwear, muscle shirts, half shirts or any clothing similar to underwear, will not be worn in a manner in which it is visible.
- Students will not wear clothing with pictures, emblems, or writing that is lewd, offensive, suggestive, vulgar, or obscene, or that advertises or depicts tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, pornography or any other prohibited substance.
- Items of apparel, jewelry, or grooming that are considered an extreme in dress (including clothing that is torn, cut, ragged or with holes) or that advertise illegal substances or alcohol or that could be associated with gang related activities will not be worn.
- Caps, hats, berets, sunglasses and wallet chains are never worn in the school day any high school building.
- Headbands, bandannas, and gang related apparel will not be worn on campus.
- Students will wear shoes. Any shoes not considered safe should not be worn to school. House shoes/slippers may not be worn. . (Shoes with cleats or wheels may not be worn.)
- The principal and event’s coach or sponsor will determine athletic attire, including cheerleading and drill team outfits, in order to meet length and appropriate size rules.
- Hairstyles and colors that are distracting will not be allowed.
- No visible body piercing will be allowed with the exception of the ears. Campus principals determine if and where clear spacers may be worn.
The campus administration has the authority to determine any appropriateness of dress of students on that individual campus, pursuant to these policies. The final decision with regard to dress code rests with the campus principal as does the corrective actions.
MISD Education Technology Channel
Visit LRHSstudentmedia.com for the newest way to order a yearbook! You can download the 40/40 Split Form and order at school. Pay $40 now and $40 in May before the books deliver (credit card purchase not available with this offer). This purchase MUST be completed at school. Purchase is also still available at www.balfour.com if you prefer to use a credit card.
PLEASE follow us:
Facebook: Lake Ridge High School Media