Daily Announcements for the Week of Monday, January 14, 2019
- #LHSJanuary #ActsofKindness #LoveYourNeighbor
- STUCO IS HAVING A WINTER CLEARANCE SALE ON ALL MERCHANDISE AND T-SHIRTS!
All Short-sleeve t-shirts and tanks are $5.00
Bronco Superfan Cups - $2.00
Bronco Superfan Magnets $3.00
- There will be a Senior parent meeting tonight at 6:15 in the PAC. We will be discussing Prom and Graduation. One day only- PROM tickets can be purchased for $80.00 on 1/14/19.
- Legacy UIL Team competed at Joshua HS this past Saturday.
These are the results:
In Persuasive Speaking
Mike Grove took 6th
In Informative Speaking
Caroline Brown took 2nd in her second round
In Policy Debate
Clay Robinson and Michael Castronovo took 4th place
Katlin Nguyen and Katelyn Pasierb took 5th place
Kathryn Pedroza took 1st in Editorial writing
Brinley Koenig took 1st in Copy Editing, 2nd in editorial writing, 4th in headline and feature writing, and 5th in News.
Ryland Mallett took 2nd in Feature writing and 3rd in Headline and News writing.
Please congratulate these students when you see them.
- Students, are you interested in seeing Costa Rica in June? Ziplining through the rainforest? Kayaking? Soaking in natural hot springs? Maybe even learning to surf? See Ms. Suarez in J103.
- Congratulations to Sophie Henry and Jett Schnackenberg on finishing first at Area B on Saturday! Sophie Henry has been selected to All State, and Jett missed selection by one spot, but is the 4th best 5A Tenor Saxophone player in the state! Congrats to these students and all who auditioned on Saturday at Area B auditions!
- Anyone wanting to try-out for softball that is not in the softball class, you must meet with Coach Prater before after school on Friday 1/18. Her room is S207. You must also have a completed physical before that date as well.
- Ben Barber 1st session students…this is your final reminder. You MUST attend your advisory class each day when returning from Ben Barber. Go to the nearest AP office if you are unsure where your Advisory meets. You will be given consequences if you do not attend each day.
- Attention Legacy High Fishing Club!! We will be holding a brief meeting after school, Wednesday January 16th, 2019. It will take about ten minutes. Once again, Legacy High Fishing Club……We will be holding a brief meeting after school, Wednesday, January 16th, 2019. All member’s attendance is required!
- The final days to order a 2019 yearbook are here! January 17 is the last possible day. Check the list in the cafeteria to see if you've ordered a book. You can order online at legacystudentmedia.com or through Legacy's bookkeeper. See a student in yearbook, newspaper or photo for a coupon code. Remember you also have the option to add your personal photo to your cover this year. Yearbook sales end Thursday!
- The Scuba Club is hosting a Discover Scuba Class on Sunday, January 27 from 12-4 at the Mansfield Natatorium. If you have ever wondered what it is like to breathe underwater, you will not want to miss this opportunity. Go by Coach Redwine's room W320 to get more information.
- Students: The administrative team here at Legacy has noticed a lapse in adherence to campus rules. Remember:
- ID’s must be worn around your neck at all times in the building
(not in your pocket or on your backpack)
- No food or drink allowed in academic areas
- You may not have food delivered to the school by anyone other than your parent or guardian
- You must be in dress-code on campus
- Are you interested in trying out for Legacy Cheer or Mascot but were unable to attend the meeting last night? You have until this FRIDAY to stop by Mrs. Watson's room, AW304, and pick up the necessary paperwork. Stop by today, tomorrow, or Friday.
- Legacy Theatre will be holding open auditions for their UIL One Act Play Wednesday after school from 3-5. For title and information about one act play see the call board in the theatre hallway or talk to Mr. Ferman or Mrs. Fortune! We hope to see you there!
- Author's Club meets after school Thursday in Mrs. Bennett's room (AY313). See you there!
- TCC Students: The parent permission form for “Friday field trip” is due by today. If you do not have this slip turned in to the librarian by the end of today, you will be required to sit in the library during your TCC class times each Friday. Make sure you have it done!
- Jalen Catalon is doing a hat pick for his surprise reveal this afternoon. Everyone is invited to this exciting event in the gym at 3:15 today.
- Interact Club will meet on Wednesday January 23rd at 3pm in the counseling office. Looking forward to seeing all of you! All are welcome, even those that still want to join. Please contact Mrs. Julius if you have any questions.
- Anyone interested in auditioning for the Silver Spurs Drill Team should plan to attend the mandatory parent/candidate meeting on either January 24 or 28! The meetings are held at the MISD Center for Performing Arts at 7 pm. Don’t miss your chance to be part of a legacy of success. See Mrs. Parlin or Ms. Thomas in PG113 for questions.
- Students taking AP exams, you have one LAST CHANCE to opt-out of the AP Exam. You must pick up a form from Mrs. Madison's office and return NO LATER than January 24, 2019. This is your LAST Chance to opt-out of any AP Exam. Fees will be final after January 24, 2019.