Football Regional Playoffs
Lake Ridge vs. Amarillo Tascosa
When: Saturday, Dec. 1
Time: 3:30 p.m.
Where: Grande Communications Stadium (801 N Loop 250 W, Midland, TX 79703)
Tickets: Adults - $7, Students - $5 ($12 at the gate) |
Presale tickets can be purchased at LRHS or the MISD Athletics Office during business hours.
Passes: District 7-6A, THSCA and TGCA
Football Playoff T-Shirts
The Lake Ridge Football team will be selling playoff T-shirts at all lunches on Thursday, November 29th. Shirts are $20 each and you may purchase the shirts with cash, credit, or check.
Toys for Tots
All students who bring in a toy or donate a $1 will receive a wristband and be allowed to attend the 9:00 a.m. Lake Ridge basketball game this Thursday during second block.
Please see Mrs. Stinson to purchase a wristband before the end of second block.
Students must have a wristband to leave class. Student Council will be set up to exchange toys for wristbands during first block Thursday. Students must check in with their 2nd block teacher before going to the game.
Toy donations for the game will be in addition to the toys you collect in your classes, so please don't include these in your counts.
- Students may exchange toys for wristbands at reception and in E-100 (The Student Council room) all day and on each floor near the elevators before classes.
- Students cannot bring a toy to the door at the game. They must have their ticket before the beginning of 2nd block on Thursday.
- Students will only be allowed to attend the Lake Ridge game.
- Lost wristbands will not be replaced.
Gay Straight Alliance
The Gay/Straight Alliance will be meeting tomorrow (November 28th) in room E-145. We will discuss Toys for Tots and community service opportunities. We hope to see you there.
Sophomore Class T-Shirts
Sophomore class t-chirts are now on sale. This year we have ordered the soft style short sleeve t-shirt in green. There are flyers posted throughout the school with QR codes to pre-order the t-shirts. Payment is due by December 14th to Ms. Garcia in room A-217.
African Student Organization
The next meeting for the African Student Organization will be held on Thursday, November 29th in room A-142 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Lake Ridge Baseball Sherpa Orders
Your last chance to purchase Lake Ridge Baseball spirit gear is this Wednesday, November 28th. All orders and payment must be turning in on Wednesday. If you would like to order one see Coach Ross in room A-151.
Are you interested in volunteering at Mission Arlington this holiday season? Get to the counseling office and pick up a permission slip to volunteer on Friday, December 7th. We will travel over via bus during the school day to serve and return before the end of the school day. The first 75 students to submit a permission slip will be selected to participate. The deadline to turn in your permission slip is this Friday, November 30th.
SMU Field Trip
If you received a slip on Thursday or Friday before Thanksgiving break, you are on the bus for the SMU field trip. Do not forget money for food, dress for the weather and meet in the cafeteria after 1st period. For those of you that missed this opportunity, we will have 2 more college field trips this spring.
Lady Eagles Basketball
Congratulations to the Lady Eagles Varsity Basketball team for their success at the McDonald's Invitational in Pasadena! The Lady Eagles went 5-0 at the tournament, defeating Clear Falls for the Gold Bracket Championship, making it the best finish in school history.
Lake Ridge would like to congratulate the Academic Decathlon team for finishing 2nd in the district competition Tuesday. Several students won individual awards including:
- Vivian Nguyen medalled in all seven events and was the top overall scorer in the district!
- Caleb Athens medalled in four of the seven events and came in 4th overall in the honors division
- Erin McConnell placed 5th overall in the honors division
- Logan Larson placed 3rd overall in the scholastic division
- Aaron Cupps medalled in 4 of the 7 events and placed 2nd overall in the Varsity division
- Austin Ward placed 4th overall in the Varsity division
- Jean Cook placed 5th overall in the Varsity division
- George Feigle, Chris Ricks, Eden Chen, Matt brown, Adasia Wilkes, Sahil Nayebkhil, Stephen Austin, Emily Rangel, and Summer Johnson all medalled in various events as well.
A great day indeed!
If you are going to the UIL tournament and you have not turned in your permission slip come see Mr. Gartman in room A-259.
The library will be closed next week for testing.
Come explore all the extra curricular activities that Lake Ridge has to offer on December 5th and 6th. The Ambassador club is hosting Clubapalooza during all lunches in the cafeteria.
EOC testing will be taking place next week in the library. The library and the hallway outside of the library will be closed all week. If you are scheduled to test next week you will receive a reminder the day before you are to test. If you have a Ben Barber class on the day of your test, do not go there for your morning class. You need to come to Lake Ridge at 7:25 a.m. and report to the library.
Vietnamese Student Association
It’s not too late to join the Vietnamese Students Association! Come today after school and join the VSA in Mr. Austin’s room A-226.