- Freshman - TBA
- Sophomore - TBA
- Junior - TBA
- Senior - TBA
2018-2019 Student Dress and Grooming
(All Grade Levels) Revised May 2018
Shirts & Tops
- Halter, tube, and tank tops, as well as tops with large armholes and muscle shirts are not allowed. Additionally, all shirts/blouses/tops must cover cleavage, the entire back, and midriff.
- The middle section (midriff) of the body must be covered at all times including during reasonable movement. Tops that are sleeveless must measure 2 inches or more across the shoulders. Transparent and/or see-through material is considered unacceptable unless worn over another article of clothing that meets dress code.
- Layering of shirts or tops is acceptable provided the combination of clothing meets the above standards throughout the school day.
- Students will not wear clothing with pictures, emblems, or writing that is lewd, offensive, suggestive, vulgar, obscene, or that advertises or depicts tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, pornography, or any other prohibited items.
- Any clothing, accessories, symbols, jewelry, or paraphernalia that depicts or suggests association with a gang, criminal organization, or secret society shall not be worn or brought to school or in any way be present at any school-sponsored event.
- Appropriately sized coats and jackets may be worn to school, but campus administration may require the item to be stored in the student’s lockers.
Pants, Dresses, Skirts, Skorts, & Shorts
- Jeans and pants with holes or frayed material, which reveals any area of skin or undergarments above fingertip length, are considered inappropriate.
- Pants, shorts, skorts, and skirts that do not fit at the waistline are inappropriate. No sagging is allowed.
- Spandex, tights, leggings / jeggings, and yoga style clothing will be allowed only if they are worn under pants, shorts, skorts, dresses, and skirts that are fingertip length front and back all theway around.
- Dresses, skirts, skorts, and shorts length must be measure fingertip length front to back all the way around while sitting and standing.
- Dresses, skirts, skorts, and shorts length must be measured from the top of the slit.
- Pajamas, bathrobes, and or sleepwear are not allowed. Underwear, muscle shirts, half shirts, or any other clothing similar to undergarments may not be visible.
- Sliding/Biking/Compression shorts may not be worn unless covered by dress code approved shorts.
The following may not be worn during the school day:
- Any type of head covering to include: caps, hats, berets, head scarfs (unless for medical or religious reasons), hoods (hoodie), Du rags, kerchiefs, or visors.
- Sunglasses (unless medical documentation or administrator approval is provided).
- Blankets or throws.
- Bandanas (as a head covering or headband).
- Ear muffs
- Visible piercings with the exception of the ears and one single piercing on the face.
- Any accessories, symbols, jewelry, tattoos, or paraphernalia, which depicts or suggests association with a gang, secret society/fraternity, inappropriate or derogatory language, racism, or sexual connotations and or deemed distracting.
- Chains or wallets with chains.
- Spiked jewelry.
- Any shoes that aren’t considered safe (cleats, shoes with wheels, house or slippers/shoes).
- Mouth accessories to include: “grillzs” or Dracula teeth.
- Eye contacts that are cat eyes or Halloween/costume style contacts.
- Costumes (unless approved by a school organized activity).
- Hair that causes a health or safety hazard and or a disruption of the school environment
Campus Administration has final judgment on whether or not a student is in compliance with the dress code.
iPad Deployment for New Students
- $50 for students on regular lunch
- $25 for students with reduced lunch
- $10 for students on free lunch
Prom tickets are selling FAST; buy yours while they last! There is only one week remaining to buy your prom tickets for $95. All tickets can be purchased from the bookkeeper.
Date: Saturday, May 4th
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Check in begins at 6:30 p.m.
Theme: Enchanted Forest
Purchasing a ticket:
Seniors may purchase up to two tickets. A permission slip is required in order to purchase a ticket.
Permission Slips: Will be available starting February 27th. Student fees must be paid to receive a permission slip.
Permission forms must have the senior's parent's signature, date's name, date's parent's signature (if date/guest that attends a different school is 18, no signature is needed.)
All fines must be paid for senior and prom date (if they attend LRHS) at the time of the ticket purchase.
Tickets are purchased by and given to the senior only.
Your date must be between the ages of 16 to 20 years old on the day of prom to be allowed a ticket and entrance into prom. A current student ID is required to purchase your ticket(s). A copy of a photo ID for your date must be attached, or the form will not be accepted. Seniors who graduated from Lake Ridge High School early may purchase a ticket. Foreign Exchange students between the ages of 16 to 20 may purchase a ticket regardless of grade level.
Students must clear outstanding fees with the LRHS Bookkeeper, Mrs. McMillian, prior to receiving a permission slip. Once your permissions slip is completed, bring it to the bookkeeper's office with your payment for ticket purchasing. All ticket sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges. You will not be permitted to change your guest after April 12, 2019. If a change is requested after April 12, 2019, you will not be permitted to bring a guest.
Option 1: There is a $16 fee to valet park.
Option 2: Parking Garage on Houston $7-$18 depending on length of stay or Parking Garage on Commerce $7-$18 depending on the length of stay
Option 3: Street Parking - subject to availability
Testing and Exams
Spring 2018 EOC STAAR Scores will be available online.
1. Go to http://www.texasassessment.com Opens a New Window.
2. If you have your student's unique access code from previous score reports, enter it, along with the student's date of birth, and click go. If you do not know your student's unique access code, click on the find my unique access code link. Enter the student's first name, social security number, and date of birth.
3. Once you have successfully entered the unique access code and date of birth, the student's test history will be displayed on the screen.
STAAR scores will not be mailed home.
Scores will be available June 1st.
Students that do not meet grade level will have the opportunity to retest. STAAR EOC tutorials are offered the week of June 18th-21st. STAAR retakes will be held June 25th-28th at LRHS. You will be notified to register for both tutorials and testing.